The Freedom Defense Initiative (FDI)
The Freedom Defense Initiative is a new organization launched by Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer. Our objective is to go on the offensive when legal, academic, legislative, cultural, sociological, and political actions are taken to dismantle our basic freedoms and values.
FDI acts against the treason being committed by national, state, and local government officials, the mainstream media, and others in their capitulation to the global jihad and Islamic supremacism, the ever-encroaching and unconstitutional power of the federal government, and the rapidly moving attempts to impose socialism and Marxism upon the American people.
It acts against these evils by:
• Organizing grass root small groups at the local level to fight specific Islamic supremacist initiatives in American cities – e.g., the November 2009 Rally for Rifqa Bary in Columbus, Ohio, which called attention to the dangers apostates from Islam live under, and to the threats to religious freedom that are advancing in the U.S. right now
• Sponsor anti-jihad bus and billboard campaigns to counter CAIR’s pro-Islamic bus and billboard campaigns
• Organizing counter protests to anti-Israel, anti-Zionism demonstrations
• Touring the country on Freedom of Speech in the Age of Jihad tours – bringing the best, clearest voices to national attention
• Building strategic alliances with activist groups in Europe and Israel to engage in open and stealthy counter jihad measures
• Raise awareness of the depredations of Islamic supremacism not just through articles and conferences, but through activist initiatives – e.g., the effort to supply a memorial for honor killing victim Aqsa Parvez, whose body lay in an unmarked grave. This initiative resulted in memorials being constructed for Aqsa in Canada and Israel, and heightened awareness in the West of the horror of Islamic honor killing
• Supporting Geert Wilders and others who are fighting attacks on free speech by the Leftist/Islamic alliance
• Promoting candidates who understand state’s rights and the necessity to limit the power of the federal government [as legal status permits]
• Promoting candidates who fight against the march of Islamic supremacists [as legal status permits]
• Calling attention to specific acts of capitulation and collaboration to Islamic supremacism by government and law enforcement officials, and pressing for the reprimand and removal of those officials;
• Targeting infiltrators of our federal agencies and seeking their removal
• Articulating and defending a firm Constitutional basis for genuine limitations on the federal government and the rights of the individual states
• Defending the value of private ownership and firmly opposing the nationalization of U.S. industries
• Defending the rights of the private citizen and opposing everything that increases his status of serfdom to the state.
To achieve these ends the Freedom Defense Initiative will:
• Act through the existing Atlas Shrugs and Jihad Watch websites (which had a combined 22 million page views in the last twelve months) to raise awareness of pertinent issues, using our base (Jihad Watch 30,000 page views per day, Atlas 25,000 page views per day, combined page views two million per month) to build a movement;
• Create state organizations that address these issues on a local level (Atlas and Jihad Watch readers will likely head up sub-organizations in each state identifying local issues, targeting specific situations, and developing action plans to fight on the local level);
• Issue Action Alerts through the not inconsiderable reach of Jihad Watch and Atlas Shrugs, calling people to take a specific action -- whether it be to contact their representatives, write against a nominee (i.e., Harold Koh), attend a hearing, call a rally, etc.
• Hold seminars featuring as speakers key defenders of freedom;
• Host conferences that educate Americans about Leftist indoctrination and Islam’s quest for domination;
• Host rallies to demonstrate the awareness and power of the American citizen;
• Publish books that support our objectives;
• Act through all possible means to create a large-scale resistance to the forces that are moving rapidly to destroy American Constitutionalism and capitalism.
• Turn readers into effective activists who build their own networks in their communities. They either run or put up candidates to run in school boards, precincts, to get back that what was squandered. All politics is local -- and that’s where we must start.